WARNING: ushy gushy contents a possibility, do not read if easily nauseated
If I hadn't said it enough already here's one more time-I could not be more proud of addison and his impressive time at last weekends rock and roll marathon, ok I'd be just as proud if it had taken him 3 hours longer. I told him a couple days before the run that it was a huge accomplishment just getting his body ready to run 26.2 miles. He began his training in June, which included waking up many mornings before 6, leaving the house after 8 -once the kids were on bed, or taking his "lunch hour" to get a run in, Each week adding more miles to the routine, becoming more and more dedicated. After all of this, what's so complicated about spending one morning running 26.2 consecutive miles in the beautiful city of New Orleans...ha! (kidding of course, i get cranky just spending too much time walking in the french quarter..or, in the rain :-) ) Watching him run across the finish line, accomplishing such a significant goal was quite a way to celebrate our anniversary...it may have even made "celebrating" said anniversary with my in-laws worth it! (disclaimer: I love my in-law, but, well, ya know ...) on that subject, while the new orleans anniversary plans didn't work out the way we expected, we did get a dinner re-do when we got back! overall if was definitely a weekend of connecting and hanging out without too much distraction. the weather could not have been better, and the kids had a blast at the zoo...oh and the margaritas we snuck (? whats the past tense of sneak??) away to get weren't bad either...and in keeping with any other marg ive had in nola, it only took about 5 sips to decide we better order some chips and dip to go with that...

No comments:
Post a Comment